Space Center Houston
Space Center Houston is a nonprofit space and science learning center and the official visitor center of NASA Johnson Space Center.
Social Media Management
I managed and analyzed Space Center Houston’s digital presence and oversaw the tasks and responsibilities of 5-8 full-time and contract employees in areas including web design, social media, SEO, digital advertising, photography, and videography.
- Established the center’s holistic digital media strategy
- Created a social media plan that increased followers by 800% (exceeding 300,000) and doubled annual impressions (exceeding 28 million)
- Completed an award-winning website redesign that included a bright, clean interface as well as the addition of a blog and dynamic event calendar
- Made improvements to the content, design, and UI of the website, resulting in double the online revenue ($14 million/year)
- Developed programmatic, multi-channel ad campaigns with $1M+ ad spend resulting in an 85% increase in sessions (4 million/year) and up to a 200% ROI
- Implemented SEO tactics resulting in an 80% increase in the number of pages indexed by search engines and a 15% increase in organic search traffic
- Spearheaded the marketing of a successful Kickstarter campaign for the restoration of Apollo Mission Control, raising over $500,000